03 October 2011

The Arizona Trail...

The trail guide, Simon Rex ^, my Yellow Lab.
     Well, hello there world! This is the wonderful hiking life of Jillian and Simon.  As a newbies to hiking, I've learned a lot so far! I have taken a liking to hiking because it is cheap, fun, relaxing and most of all I enjoy the time I spend with Simon. He LOVES hiking. For a nine year old Lab, he's still trucking. :)


     So for our first hike we went to Weatherford Canyon, which is part of the Arizona Trail. It's on the outskirts of Flagstaff, Arizona. Gorgeous times to go to this amazing place is during August until about November. Although Arizona is known for it's extreme heat, Northern Arizona gets snow and LOTS of it. I have lived here for 2 years and it's absolutely breathtaking. 


Easy,  quiet and a fun trail. 


     Interesting enough, I did not see any bears or mountain lions, thank goodness! This hike forks out into a few places. I believe Kachina Trail, and Sycamore Rim Trail and many more. I'm looking forward to more hikes. Can't wait! =)







 J. Cay

No comments:

Post a Comment