12 October 2011

Moon Crescent Crossing...

Ready to rock and roll!
So I totally have not blogged about my hikes lately. Jeez, I'm behind the power curve! So last week I was SUPER DUPER sick, but I'm determined! :) Simon, my dad and I went on a FABULOUS hike today. 
"Jillian's Spiffy Rock"!
Oh my goodness! What a place we went to today. I decided to go to Moon Crescent Crossing for a wonderful celebration of Simon's ninth birthday...which is Friday! Yay. :) This place is AH-MAZING. It's a definite must see. We went around 1600 hours. I think it was the perfect temp and lighting for pictures, among the hiking. It took us about 2 hours or so for this hike. Bring lots of water! This place has a bit of an up and down trail. You can also see Cathedral Rock from here. We were probably 3.5 miles away from it. 

I would have loved to go to Cathedral Rock, but Simon wouldn't have been able to climb up that high. It's really steep. Might be doing that when the bestie comes up for a visit. :) I live about a hour away from Moon Crescent Crossing. We left around 1500 or so. My dad asked me how I knew about this place and I simply responded by saying..."Oh, I just drove around till something popped up". Haha. I only used one pair of shoes today which is not good, but my feet were doing great. No pain, no gain. Simon's new booties should be coming in soon so we will be in sync with each other. :) I would also recommend getting boot liners, aka doggie socks, especially if your pup has dewclaws. The booties will be less of a bother to them if you have liners, but just be aware that some dogs hate liners. 


There are some awesome yet odd "rock formations" that we saw. I guess one person took it upon themselves to start a trend. I decided to carry on that trend. I made my own "rock formation" and named it, Jillian's spiffy rock! These formations were EVERYWHERE. I only got 3 pictures of them, but I swear, everywhere we looked, they were there! It's like they were on stalker status. ha. I enjoyed them none the less. It's really a site to see. 





:) So pretty


There's a creek that runs along the trail. It's so peaceful. You can hear it as you start to trek into the trail. There are tons of people on this trail! Some tourist who take tons of pictures and kids who are swimmin' like fish! The rocks are slippery, and I wouldn't dare cross them with Simon. He would pull me into the water with no problems. He's a Labrador and if he could, he'd live in water. 



My dad and Simon.


There's a path to get to the other side, however it's a running current with stepping stones...funny thing is, our paper we got when we went to the trail told us, "cross at YOUR OWN RISK". Really?! My goodness! It didn't even look safe, but my dad seriously wanted to cross it. I responded by saying, "UMMMM.....did you forget I have a psycho water bound dog???!. He just started laughing. Go figure. 


This trail has been the best, by far. :-) Simon seemed to enjoy himself a bit more than usual. Maybe because he knows it's his birthday??...or maybe because my dad went with us, either way, it was a marvelous time.

J.Cay












He looks so small, but he's on a lowered rock. :) So when I said this trail had it's up and down's, I meant climbing over rocks...not too bad.



















No comments:

Post a Comment